Cubing and Dimensional Systems
SPHERE Automation are proud to be the sole European partner with CubiScan for their range of cubing and dimensioning systems. With a complete range of products to automatically capture the dimensions of boxes, bags, packages and even irregular and non-cuboidal shapes. This process is particularly important for carrier compliance and legal for trade applications. Many international carriers require dimensional weight calculations on certain types of shipments. Parcels that measure over limitations set by carriers cost more to ship due to dimensional weight factors. SPHERE SMART SCAN include a wide range of standardized products as well being simply integrated with other SPHERE products such as weighing, conveyors, sortation etc. to form complete solutions.
Typical Cubing applications include:
1. Receiving and slotting. Receive and update SKU data to a WMS in real time.
2. Automated carton selection. In-motion cubers send dimensions of products from the picking operation to automatically select the correct shipping carton to be formed. This is typically used in conjunction with a random or and on demand case former.
3. Shipping manifest. As part of a total in motion manifest solution, our systems provide data to capture carton ID, weight, and cubical dimensions for every shipment.
4. Shipping rate assessment. Real-time dimensional weight factor for static and in-motion systems.
5. Cargo freight forwarding. International carriers must scan, weigh, and dimension most freight. SPHERE provides systems for all cargo manifest needs.